I’ve always made skin-care my number one priority when it comes to taking care of myself. Over the years I’ve come to develop a collection of go to products that help keep my skin glowing and healthy. Everyone looks for different things in their skincare but I hope one of my holy grail products helps you towards your skin goals! I’ve always had oily prone skin so my skincare routine helps keep that in check.
- Murad Post-Acne Spot Lightening Gel: I don’t have acne prone skin but I do get a blemish or two every now and then. So I use this for dark spots and post blemish marks. I use this every morning before applying my moisturizer. I feel it helps keep my skin-tone even and only takes a few weeks to see the spots start to fade.
- Bobbi Brown Extra illuminating Moisturizer Balm: Now I don’t use this on a daily basis but I love the natural glow it gives you. I use this mixed with my tinted moisturizer for perfectly glowy skin in the winter. It also works well mixed with my Clinique or Murad moisturizer to brighten up my face when I haven’t gotten enough sleep the night before. My skin naturally has a glow, so too much of this product makes me look too shiny and oily so I never wear it alone unless I’m having a dry skin moment which is rare.
- Clarisonic Mia 2: I use my mia about 2 -3 times a week. I love using it the morning after I have had on a full face of make-up to make sure my skin is extra clean. I’ve heard that it’s not good to exfoliate too much or to even use your Clarisonic everyday. I’ve have used my mia consistently everyday and a couple times a week and I get the same results. I think exfoliating all depends on what your skin needs.
- Tatcha Polished Rice Enzyme Powder: This is the newest addition to my family. I’ve been using this Tatcha cleanser for three months now and I really like the consistency of the way my skin feels and looks after washing. I try to stick to products that don’t strip my skin of it’s oils but helps control my oily skin. My other go to for washing my face in the morning Erno Laszlo “sea mud” deep cleansing bar. Between these two my skin never looks dull.
- Lancôme ‘Visionnaire’ Advanced Skin Corrector: I love this product so much. I was convinced after one sample that this was the product for my skin. I feel like I saw results within a week. I have a few trouble spots around my mouth that are slightly darker than the rest of my face and this product has almost evened out my skin. I love how lightweight it is and how you don’t need more than two small pumps to cover your face and neck. I sometimes even use this as my primer for makeup it works so well with my skin.
- Philosophy Anti-Wrinkle Miracle Worker Eye: I rarely get bags under my eyes but when I do this eye cream is my little miracle worker. I love the pump application and how light weight this product is. I’m not a big fan of any type of heavy creams. This gets the job done and I feel that it’s important to have a eye cream in my regimen now that I’m in my late twenties.
- La Mer ‘The Mist’: I love this spray. I use it before applying make-up and after to set it. This mist is great for any use and it works with my oily skin not against it. If I’m not wearing any make-up I’ll give my face two spritz after applying moisturizer for a nice dewy look. Now if this is too much for you to spend on a mist I recommend trying Glossier‘s soothing face mist for a more affordable option.
- Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief: This is my go to night time moisturize or when my skin wants to be randomly dry. Again I hate heavy thick creams and this is super lightweight and only need to apply a little amount to cover my face. It hydrates my skin without making it oily. So happy with this product.
- LANCER ‘The Method-Polish’ Blemish Control: I like to take the preventative route of taking care of my skin. I’m not acne prone but I do have breakouts here and there. Since working this cleanser into my daily routine I’ve had about one or two breakouts in the past 10 months. I also love that this cleanser doesn’t leave my skin dry after using.
- Glossier Coconut Balm Dotcom: I originally started out with the OG balm dotcom and was so excited when they released it in coconut. I’m always researching and testing out new products. I was excited when Into The Gloss launched Glossier, their own line of skin care products. They are the inspiration behind this post really. Their motto is skincare first makeup second. I couldn’t post about my make up must haves without talking about my skin care essentials. This balm literally works everywhere, capped lips, elbows, when my achilles tendons are ashy, it’s even great on my dry hands. I never go anywhere without this little gem.
- Murad Oil Control Mattifier: I never leave the house without some sort of SPF protection on my face. I like this moisturizer in particular because it’s oil control. If I’m out in the sun all day I’ll reapply a few times and it doesn’t build up like most SPF or leave that white filmy look on your skin.
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer: I love this moisturizer! I’ve been using it for a little over two years now and I’m still happy with this product. It not only helps control my oily skin while protecting it but the sheer tint gives my skin the perfect glow.
I love my skin with our without make up. I will always continue to try new products, facial treatments, etc. That’s what I find fun about beauty and their online communities giving everyone new ways to explore new and exciting products that works great for your skin. Are any of these products in your daily prep? Do you know of a great item for oil skin? Let me know below!